Monday, October 08, 2007

Long time, No Blog....:)

Well, it has been a while since I've blogged because the Long household has been sick, sick, sick. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Thankfully I haven't really gotten it. First Rae came home with a cold and passed it on to Roo. Reece is just like my mom in that her colds go straight into her chest and cause an awful cough. I took her to the doctor and found out that she had strep:( ..poor baby. But she always amazes Gavin and myself with her cheery disposition even though she feels so bad.

Next was Rae: she came down with this really high fever, just as Roo was healing after a week of antibiotics. I felt sure it was strep also and took her to the doctor. She tested negative and they said it must be some kind of virus. Her fever began very early in the morning Sunday and lasted through Wednesday. It was a pretty high fever but no other symptoms. I heard on Thursday that this was a virus going around: high fever for four or five days and then gone, with no other symptoms. Isn't that strange?!

Now little Eliot is sick:( Sickness is so much worse on little ones! I hate it. She can't breathe to nurse, so I'm having to bottle feed her. She can't sleep. She is pretty miserable, and yet also has her moments of delightfully surprising cheer. It's been almost a week. I'm hoping her cold is almost over - or it could always be teething! You never know at this age - but it seems worse than just teething. Who knows! I remember taking Roo to the doctor, completely convinced that she had an earache only to be told that she was cutting a tooth. I couldn't believe it! I felt so silly.

Anyway, I'm coming up for air after several weeks of little sleep, wining babies and short fuses. We're doing okay. Everyone survived! Gavin is unfortunately gone for the week - he's still a little sick - so please keep him in your prayers. Some things are changing with USBX, and therefore, may be changing with his position. This seems to be an entry way back into an entrepreneurial venture for us, and we're excited about the possibilities.

No comments: