Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Decision Made

I've said for years that I wouldn't homeschool unless I knew I was called to do it. "I'm not just looking for more work" was my typical response:)

This past weekend it became clear to me that the Lord is calling me to homeschool the girls next year.

I'm just as freaked out as I was before this decision was made, but I have complete peace. ...further confirmation that He really is calling me, and will provide what I need to do this. I know this year will be challenging, but I am excited to be stretched.

(I'm VERY excited!!! ...starting to dig into curriculum, ect.)

Any words of wisdom are welcomed and appreciated.

3 comments:

FreeK said...

I'm excited for you! You will do a great job. We use "The Well Trained Mind", its a classic education approach and even if that's not the way you are going its a great resource. People love all kind of curriculums, Charlotte Mason is popular if you want a whole book approach to education, I've heard Sonlight is great, but we have never purchased it because its expensive. You may just decide to pull from a lot of different resources. Whatever you decide you will do a great job. You are going to have so much fun. Take lots of field trips, you have the best location for that. Enjoy each moment you get to spend with them. Take a "rest time" at some point during the day for your sanity and theirs. Give yourself grace when you lose your patience or get cranky. You are going to have fun.

BTW we got Flat Stanley from Anna last night. We took him to the park with us. We are going to send a post card to the school this week. What a neat idea.

Kim

Sean said...

Welcome aboard the homeschool train, my friend. You won't regret this decision, in my view. Pouring your whole self into your most precious treasures is so rewarding, and I think you'll find homeschooling just that.

We use "My Father's World" curriculum, recommended to us by Matthew and Dana. So far we like it.

Melanie said...

Wow, Emily! I would love to hear more about how the Lord showed you He wanted you to do this! I hope this will be a delightful experience for all 6 of you!

Check out http://www.amblesideonline.org. It's a free Charlotte Mason curriculum.

Love,
Melanie