Friday, June 22, 2007

Follow up on the book thing

Okay, so I just checked into my blog and realized that almost 7 months have passed since I last wrote. CRAZY!!!! A lot of things have happened to make that the case....well really just one big thing, but I'll talk more about that later.

As a quick follow up to the previous blog, the girls LOVED The Little Princess movie and we have watched it several times since then. Great movie! The movie is directed by Alfonso Cuaron, who also directed Great Expectations, which Gavin and I both love. I greatly endorse this film for every little princess out there, young and old.

The next book the girls chose was by the same author, The Secret Garden. Blaugh!!! It was a major struggle to get through. The uses of different dialects were very difficult for aloud reading and the story line was extremely slow. I don't recommend this novel for little ones. We watched the movie afterward and it was good, but not great. We haven't watched it since....:)

We are now back to the Narnia series and are reading Prince Caspian. Excellent!!! We are over half way through the novel and there has not been a dull moment! Aslan is back. The imagery is fascinating and moving. The girls are completely absorbed. We're excited for the movie to come out later this year. I'll let you know if our enthusiasm remains throughout the rest of the novel.

1 comment:

Trish Ryan said...

What gorgeous pictures!!! Hee - makes me miss you guys even more :)