Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Christmas List



(I'm writing this so I won't forget it.)

I've begun getting together a list of Christmas items so that I can budget out how to pay for everything over the next few months. It's easy for me to pick Raegan's three gifts. She tells us all throughout the year the things she wants - she has an agenda!!! But as I started to fill in Reece's three blanks, I drew a ....blank.

A few days later Reece and I were sitting on the couch together and I casually asked her what she would like for Christmas. She thought for a moment and said with a big smile on her face..."maybe a light bulb for our night light, 'cause it keeps flickering at night....or....a...picture of Jesus....Mommy you can get me whatever you like" followed by a big hug.

That is Reece EmmaKay Long. She is a beautiful blend of sweet, mischievous, compassionate and care-taker. She blesses me.

4 comments:

Anna Morrison said...

What a little sweetheart! Makes me want to send her a box of night light light bulbs. So cute and innocent.

Melanie said...

Oh, that is so sweet! No, you don't want to forget that. How precious!

Anonymous said...

That is so precious! She is a sweet little one...but then I am biased and think all of your kids are amazing! Can't wait to give them and you a squeeze this weekend!

Julie said...

Easy Christmas for you, huh?