Thursday, March 05, 2009

Reece is FIVE!!!

We celebrated our precious Reece's 5th birthday this week. It is truly hard to get my mind wrapped around the fact that she is five years old! Wow.

What a precious little one, she is. Gavin and I are ever amazed at her thankful and appreciative heart. She's always quick to say thank you. Reece truly appreciates everything she has. We were talking tonight about how many times she has thanked us for her little party on Saturday, or her gift, or....you name it.

We hosted her 5th birthday party at our house this year. My friend, Linda, gave me a great idea to only have a big party on the special birthdays...like 5, 10, 13, 16, 18 - I LOVE this idea. The other years will just be family dinners with cake and a few balloons. (I can't have a birthday go down in my house without at least a dozen balloons....I'm just sayin')

It was a tea party/brunch theme, with white hats and gloves and all the trimmings. Because several of the little girls commented on how they didn't like tea, or their mommy said they couldn't have tea, the beverage of choice was apple juice which we pretended was tea. We also had an assortment of scones and breads.

The big expense was having a face painter come and treat the girls. This was not part of the original plan, but after having missed out on a face painting opportunity a few weeks ago, I decided to check on the rates for a private party. It was a little pricey, but since it was our only major expense for the party we were able to justify it. The girls loved it.

Tuesday was her actual birthday and we celebrated at Don Pablos...our birthday place for some reason. Everyone likes it. Reece wore the little sombrero and opened presents from family.

Today her teacher, Mrs. Rouse, did her special observance of Reece's birthday. She tells a story about the birthday child every year....it is so precious. Reece felt so special. We passed out mini cupcakes and fruit to everyone. It was a big hit.

So, Reece has pretty successfully carried on the "Brown girl" bday tradition: subconsciously stretch out your bday celebration for as long as you possibly can! Yay, Reece!

I'm still looking for my cord to be able to upload pictures. ....coming soon.

What I LOVE about Reece:
hilarious!
fashion-ista
trend setter
confident
sweet
beautiful
smart
ingenuitive
creative
artistic
strong
thankful heart
loving
nurturing
mischievous (at times)
aspiring musician
humble
servant's heart

I love my Reece EmmaKay. Thank you, Lord, for this precious and priceless gift. I know that she is Yours, but I'm SO thankful to be with her as she grows into the amazing little woman you have created her to be. Bless her and keep her. May your face shine upon her. Please fill her with purpose that she may live a life worthy of the calling you have placed on her. And give her peace forever.

Thank you, Lord, for Reece!!

1 comment:

jbro said...

I can't believe that our little Roo is another year older. The time really does fly by. I am so proud of those three little girls. I constantly talk about them, and all my blessings back in the states.

She is truly an extraordinary girl and God has begun His good work. I pray I get to be around to see it come to completion.