Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's been so long....so...very...long

Hi sweet friends:) Melanie, thank you for the encouragement to update. I need to catch up on all of your blogs, too. I sadly have been abstaining from cyber-world for a little while now.

Many things have changed in the last few months so I will try to be brief and expound later. We have a new set of house-mates living with us. We have a mom and her four children; a young newly wed couple; and a single guy.....also, a dog and a cat:) So before you think we're crazy I can tell you that this is such a sweet season, already. We truly are so blessed by each one of them.

....more later:)

I am very excited about homeschooling. We start in a just a couple of weeks!! I have all my materials in and have a plan... more later:)

Gavin and I just celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary and had an amazing time! We've adopted a great idea of one of my friend's. We take turns planning anniversary celebrations as our gift to one another. This year was Gavin's turn to plan and he really out-did himself. ..wine tasting, champagne with friends, and dinner at one of our favorite french restaurants.:)

Raegan is at her first overnight camp this week with the Girl Scouts and her friend, Claire. I miss her. I hope she's doing well.

I also celebrated my birthday since I last wrote, and am getting to use my gift this weekend...in North Carolina...with my Mom and my amazing friend, Meredith...at Westglow Spa!! I can't wait to be back there and show Mer ASU, take her to a real fish camp, and READ A BOOK without being interrupted!!! ..we're also going to lay by the pool!! WooHoo!! I'm so excited:)

So there are other things, of course, but those are the highlights!

I love you, my sweet friends. Blessings to you and your families.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Emily! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday! I still remember how much fun your wedding was. Have fun in Boone...the best place to, esp in the summer! Thanks for the update.
Love,
Melanie

Unknown said...

It all sounds so wonderful! I am happy that you & Mer get to go to Westglow...get spoiled for us all! I wish I was there with you ladies...LOVE