Sunday, September 19, 2010

Up in the Middle of the NIght

...it's 4:38 and I've been awake for an hour... Always when this happens, because it is rare, I start a little conversation with the Lord. (He's always wide awake:))

"Is there someone I should be praying for?" "Thank you for this day and all the blessings you have poured out on me, Gavin, the girls, and those I love."

I start counting my blessings, and I lift up those I know are hurting.

....those that are hurting. There are so many so close to my heart... I feel helpless. What do you want for them, Lord? I know you want the best for them, but what do you want for them in [this]?

My faith grows as I remember all You have done. I remember the long history from which we come. I remember the impossible made possible. I know that You are good!

I'm so hungry to see Your Spirit set free here in Northern Virginia. I'm hungry to see lives truly changed and set free to be what you have designed us to be. Marriages healed. Lives restored. Justice and Peace. ...your Kingdom.

I don't know what is ahead. I don't really care, I trust you... I do want to cherish this day, this season, this place, these people. Please help me.

I feel so blessed. You are what is special about me. ...and I do feel special.

My cup overflows and my hope is in You.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey Emily!! Hope you guys are all well and are having a great first year of homeschooling! I'd love to hear how it's going for you. We actually switched places with you and put Sydney & Ethan in school this year.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Melanie