Friday, April 01, 2011

Your Girl

...that would be *posterity* ....:)

I wrote this song after going to a Women's Ministry event at Reston Bible Church. Donna Winship, with Jesus in the Qur'an, was speaking about our identities in Christ, Kingdom living and living our dreams.

I was so inspired that I wrote this song the next day. The truth is, I'm really not a song-writer. I really believe Father gave this song to me. I'm so blessed by it.

My sister asked why I was smiling so much in the video. ....well partly because I really mean every word I'm singing, the other part is that what you can't see is Sutton coming to me and trying to hand me gifts from the toy kitchen I was sitting beside.

Raegan ran the video from my iphone. She did a great job and took a lot of pride in the job she did:) We had to get it under 2min. or wouldn't be able to post it on Facebook.....so there you have it.

I hope you are blessed by the song: Your Girl

much love,
em

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Emily!! You're back!! Love the song- your voice, the music and words are all so beautiful. Check my blog for pics of our new baby- Jake Martin.
Love,
Melanie

Anonymous said...

EMILY!!!! Oh how wonderful it was to click into your world, hear your heart and prayer and see your face. You look wonderful!

Your singing voice is one that I hold close. Thanks for sharing, Em.

Love you so much!

Anonymous said...

EMILY!!!! Oh how wonderful it was to click into your world, hear your heart and prayer and see your face. You look wonderful!

Your singing voice is one that I hold close. Thanks for sharing, Em.

Love you so much!