Friday, March 14, 2014

another slice of humble pie, please?

I just took a walk through memory lane and read some previous posts..... Can I say how embarrassed I am? I immediately think of high school - yikes! I remember those days, much like I feel when I read these previous posts, with great embarrassment at my bold arrogance. I'm not interested in being less bold, but what I want to be known for certainly seems to have shifted. I can feel the angst in those previous posts.

I want to be known for how I love, not who I vote for. I can't say I won't engage in political banter again, but I hope if/when I do it will be with much more humility and less arrogance. Lord, have mercy...:) My opinions around President Obama haven't changed. He hasn't done everything I hoped and has done things I don't like, but that's true of every president that has come before him and every one that is yet to come. I am thankful for our President.  I respect and love his heart and his family.

 However, I do repent for my disdain and disrespect toward Mrs. Palin and Mr. McCain. ...those were words from an arrogant little girl who spoke of things she did not know. I repent.

I hope this will be a place where the Lover of my soul is revealed and glorified... the One that has won my heart and continues to woe my will...

I still find myself fighting that overwhelming struggle that Paul spoke of - doing what I do not want to do, and not doing what I want and know to do.  ...Lord have mercy.  I repent.

I still desire, more than ever before, that He be glorified in me and I disappear...  sometimes that gets twisted and I just want to disappear...  it's been a sad year.

So I count my blessings.  I count my blessings and my spirit is lifted.  I know the One that works all things together for my good, and the good of those I love, is faithful.  the Great Redeemer ...nothing is beyond His redemption ...even this body that feels impossible to change.

and I remember that "forgiveness is the air [I] breath".

One day at a time ....this day.  ...this moment.  
One step at a time  ....this step.

Lord have mercy.

2 comments:

Betty Ringeisen said...

Em-

Thanks for your honesty. Although, I now feel the need to go and repent of my own junk.

So thanks??

Brooke Ackerman said...

I love how open & honest you are all the time. I am so glad God caused our paths to cross exactly when He did. I feel like knowing you is a true blessing in my life.