Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What a week!







Wow! This week has already been full of firsts for our family. First on the list of firsts...:), Rae started Kindergarten today! We spent a lot of time talking about what the day would entail as we prayed together last night. She had lots of questions, mainly about what she would do if someone was mean to her. We prayed for God to give her strength through her fear. We went back over one of the previous devotionals from our princess book, about how she is chosen, and that crowns and jewels don't make a princess, but sharing God's love and the light He has blessed her with does.

As we walked into her classroom this morning, I did get a little misty eyed, but mostly I was so happy for her and proud. I knew she was ready and that this is going to be a great experience for her. She's strong.

Roo, Elle and I picked her up and she was beaming. She made lots of friends today, and was sure to tell me about one very sassy boy - who we prayed for tonight:) hahaha my little Rae, she is quite the evangelist:)

After school we headed home for a quick lunch and an even quicker nap. It went very smoothly - thank you, Lord!

We then headed out to our first day of gymnastics at NVGA (Northern Virginia Gymnastics Academy). Wow!!! It was great. Roo was a little nervous at first because she forgot that we weren't going back to the Little Gym, but then warmed up quickly and had a fabulous time. Raegan loves it, too. Elle and I spread out on the matted floor and played together. Fun was had by all:)

Next, we piled in the car and headed back into Great Falls for Rae's first day of Ballet at her new school, Margaret Haddad School of Ballet. Rae didn't skip a beat. She couldn't wait to get into ballerina mode. Roo, Elle and I played in the lobby together. I think next time we'll go across the street to our favorite library:) All of the other parents dropped off their daughters and showed up again when it was time for class to be over. So I think we'll try the library to pass the time. Although it seemed to go by very quickly today.

We got home and crashed! What a day! Thankfully this is only a Tuesday thing. I had the option of doing gymnastics on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but dance is also twice a week on those days, and I don't think I'm strong or sane enough to try another day like today twice in one week.

The other really big first, as you can see, is that Elle had her head shaved this week! Don't worry! Even though this is a first for Elle, it is also her last. Gavin and I used team work to get this one done. As we were shaving her head, I couldn't believe that I had shaved Roo's head all by myself, when she was six months old! She looks adorable. We used the electric razor first, then "bick"ed it.

Though the kitchen is quite messy right now, I am proud to have come through this day having had fun and enjoying my precious little ones. They were amazingly wonderful. It was a blessed day:) ...and one I'm sure to remember for years to come.

4 comments:

Anna Morrison said...

wow. what a report! lots of firsts. i am thankful that you were right there experiencing it all with them. you will probably have some hairy tuesdays. keep in my this special day you have record of and read over it from time to time. you are a great Mommy. miss you.

Sammy said...

Don't get me wrong -- I'm a fan of the Bic myself. But why are we shaving our children? Just curious.

Unknown said...

hahaha, when we lived in Cambridge our Russian neighbors were on me and on me to shave Reece's head saying that her hair would come back thicker. Since the women in my family have thinning hair I decided I would try it - she was only six months why would she care if she were bald, right?! It worked! Thus....the head shaving:)

So glad to have you back in town!! We need to get our families together!

Trish Ryan said...

Nice job! You guys are such an inspiring family, and we love you!!! (Especially as you've never suggested that we shave our heads...)