Monday, November 17, 2008

A Day of Counting My Blessings

Today was a difficult day, but also one of counting my blessings. The Lord has been blessing me with many opportunities lately to praise Him for His many blessings. The sickness in our home has caused me to thank the Lord for the blessing of health....a lot. A precious friend suffering a loss has caused me to thank Him for the three little girls He has blessed me with. Being short on vehicles has caused me to thank Him for the numerous ways He provides for our needs. ...just to name a few.

Today I was moved to thank Him for my amazing husband, loving family, and treasured community around the country. I spent the day in the court room supporting a friend of mine who is going through a legal battle to save her family. The court system is such a manipulative, twisted, and crippling.... I don't even have words... It is a very difficult thing to sit and witness such manipulation and twisting of the truth, all for the sake of winning a case. ...so many lies, so much deception... it truly is the enemy's playground - and not place for Christians to settle disputes.

Paul spoke of this very thing:

1 Corinthians 6
1-4And how dare you take each other to court! When you think you have been wronged, does it make any sense to go before a court that knows nothing of God's ways instead of a family of Christians? The day is coming when the world is going to stand before a jury made up of followers of Jesus. If someday you are going to rule on the world's fate, wouldn't it be a good idea to practice on some of these smaller cases? Why, we're even going to judge angels! So why not these everyday affairs? As these disagreements and wrongs surface, why would you ever entrust them to the judgment of people you don't trust in any other way?

No comments: