Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Quick Update

We're all sick in the Long household. Health is such a gift. These moments remind me how blessed we are to have our health.

We find out the gender of our baby on the 21st. I was trying to convince Gavin to be surprised but he doesn't do well with surprises.....:) I'm excited to know, also. One of the things I love most about being pregnant is the joy of praying specifically over the little one as he/she is growing and developing.

The prayer the Lord gave me, while I was pregnant with Rae, was that she would be a warrior for the Kingdom and would be bold in her witness. I've been amazed to see how the Lord has already developed this in her little faith.

With Reece, my prayer was that others would be drawn to Christ through her great love. I'm constantly in awe of the love she pours out to those around her.

With Elle, I kept getting the word "justice". So as I prayed for her to be one that would seek out justice in the midst of injustice, I also prayed for her to have a heart of compassion. We'll see how that develops.

With this little one, I keep getting the word "loyalty". That's interesting.

Just to be clear, I don't think there's any magic in these prayers. It's more like the Lord clues me in to how he's already gifted them. I LOVE that!! What a blessing.

I will definitely post the gender when I know (thanks for asking, Julie:)).

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am so sorry to hear that all of you are sick. Mary Addison has hand,foot, and mouth virus, so things have been pretty "blah" here as well. Thanks for sharing your prayers for your children. I always end up praying "random" things for my girls and am convinced that God has laid those random thoughts on my heart! How awesome is our God!

FreeK said...

I hope you feel better soon. We will be praying for your family. Looking forward to hearing if you are having a boy or girl!

Anna Morrison said...

Alright! I love updates!! I will wait anxiously for the 21st. That is super soon!!

Sickness stinks. It can be so depressing. Brighter days are ahead for the Long family. Until then, enjoy some good movies!

Marno said...

"It is written, that they shall recover. It is written, that we are healed. It is written, hold fast your profession. It is written in God's written will. It is written, Himself bore our sickness. It is written, He carried our pain. So at the enemy's lie, it is written I cry, over and over again."
I hope as you read the words, you can remember the tune that goes with this song I so often sang over you as a child. My love to you all, Mom