Saturday, April 11, 2009

Over the Initial Shock

Well, last night was much better. I guess I just needed to get over the initial shock of the recovery process. Thank you, Daphne, for your much needed encouragement! I really appreciate hearing from "those that have gone before me"...

Sutton is such a doll. The girls are all still doing wonderfully with her. They can't get enough of their new baby sister. Elle is such a great big sister already. Reece is a constant - so caring and nurturing. Rae is on top of everything baby, but is still very focused on what she happens to be doing - whatever that may be.

I had a wonderful visit with my dear friend, Meridith, today. She came over and just held Sutton while I napped. Mer knows how to love, especially love on me, and I'm so blessed to have her friendship. She came bearing many gifts - for the girls, she brought crafts, which they loved; for Sutton, she brought three adorable outfits; for me, a bag of goodies: relaxing shampoo and conditioner, the latest and greatest mascara to look fresh, almonds for added protein (did I forget to say they were covered in chocolate......;), and several other thoughtful and fun things. I'm so blessed.

Gavin took Raegan and Reece to the Easter vigil service at the Church of Ascension and St. Agnes, in D.C. - where our dear friends, Sammy and Renee, serve. Father Sam, I should say, is one of the priests there. It's an amazing service - so special. Gavin says it's his favorite service of the entire year. I agree. It's long (2 1/2hrs), but so worth it. The girls got all dressed up in their Easter dresses, and Gavin wore his nice suit and bow tie. They all looked beautiful/handsome. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures tomorrow.

I LOVE Easter! What an amazing season, and what an amazing God we serve.

Happy Easter, everyone!!

No comments: