Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dr. Soren Alexander






Introducing the newest member of the Long family! Here are some pictures from his fourth week of life, to his first days home, to time with Elle today.

He is a very sweet boy. We're having to work on the training...as with all puppies. The puppy stage is SUPER cute, but not super fun. I just walked around the front yard picking up all the poop (with a bag) and throwing it into the woods. I'm trying to train him to use the potty in the wooded area, not where we like to have picnics...:)

Right now he is an inside and outside dog. We have a little bed for him in the mudroom and a dog house outside...which he has yet to step paw in. He loves being outside but is getting more and more comfortable with being inside.

He loves the girls and they really love him, too. Eliot even cries for him whenever he goes out of her sight. Today he went with us to take Reece to dance, so on the way home he sat in her booster seat, right beside Elle. She kept wining randomly. I finally watched her in the rear view mirror and she would wimper anytime her hand was NOT in his mouth. She was fine as long as her hand was in his mouth, but the moment he turned his head she was not happy.

funny! I have always been a huge animal lover. There is a picture of me, around Elle's age, with my blanket (slept with it every night, walked around with it all day, kind of blanket) draped over our Golden Retriever at the time, Boone.

I'm very thankful for this little man! Though it may have been a little early to add another "toddler" to the mix, we're very thankful to have him.

3 comments:

FreeK said...

He is sooo sweet! Mitch is anti animals in the house, so I don't think we will ever have this experience, maybe he will soften when he sees how cute Soren is. Precious!

Anna Morrison said...

Ah . . . there he is. Super cute. Enjoy!

Julie said...

Cute puppy! Let me just thank you for being one of those people who get their kids pets. It's people like you who allow people like me to just "visit" pets with my child, therefore allowing me the ability to not have one myself! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I might break down and get my daughter a goldfish...or maybe we will just stick with stuffed animals!