Monday, April 07, 2008

Soccer!









Raegan and Reece are playing soccer this spring. Neither of them have ever played before. We toss the ball around in the backyard, but Gavin nor I even know the rules, really - other than get the ball in the other guy's goal, don't touch the ball with your hands, stay in between the white lines....that's pretty much the extent of our soccer knowledge. (unlike our best friend's in NC - Scott's pretty much a superstar, and their beautiful children soon will be, as well!!:))

So, our first game was Saturday, also the first time Raegan would be on the field! (the first practice was rained out on Monday). I wasn't sure how she would handle it. We talked about it a lot in the days leading up to Saturday, and talked more on our way to the field. "This is just a time to have fun and kick the ball around. It doesn't matter who wins, or that you don't really know the rules, yet. Just get out there and have lots of fun!!" ...I hoped it would work.

You can see in the pictures she was a little shy at first (fingers in her mouth), but then shook it off, got out there and did a GREAT job! It was so much fun, all being there together, cheering her on. Yay! Raegan!

Reece starts today. She has practice on Monday's and Wednesday's - no games, just fun learning of the game of soccer. I'm so happy to be doing this and sharing it all together as a family. Our next few months of Saturday's are going to be occupied at soccer games (only one hour long), and I can't think of a better way to spend part of our weekend!

5 comments:

Anna Morrison said...

um . . . you sound like a true blue soccer mom. :)

Raegan looks so grown up! Good for her. Can't wait to see some pics of Reece out there.

this parenting business sure can be fun. :)

thanks for the comment about Scott. that was sweet.

Trish Ryan said...

The niece & nephew did soccer in the fall...there's nothing like the moment when a small child scores that first goal...on his own team :)

Julie said...

How fun! What great pictures! What a neat milestone in her life! And don't feel bad, I know nothing about soccer either. I keep praying my kids will stick to traditional sports.

jbro said...

The girls are going to do SO well. They are natural athletes and I am sure they both look so cute in their uniforms.

I can't wait to go to games. Will you still admit that I am with you guys when I paint my face the team colors and carry a big flag with Rae's name on it?! I promise to not paint anything on my belly!!!!

Barrie said...

You sound hooked already! So, do you have a special fold-up chair yet? Enjoy!