Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dry season

I'm definitely going through a dry season with my blogging. I did just want to chime in quickly and let you know about my other birthday present.....:)

I finally got my nose pierced! I've been wanting to do it for years, but when Jenny came back from her mission trip with a cute little stud in her nose it pushed me over the edge. So for my 32nd birthday Jenny and I went into Fairfax to get my nose pierced.

It really hurt. I think I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that I have a low threshold for pain.... Anyway, I'm so glad I did it. I love it!

(picture to follow shortly)

side note: Dad is visiting us this week. Maybe that's one of the reasons for the dry spell. Things are going well enough, but it's a constant reminder of the brokenness in our family. Gavin, the girls, and I are going to be staying at his new house on the way down to Fla., and on the way back from Fla., in a few weeks. I'm not looking forward to seeing how his new life with ...*@#!$^)&....(I mean) Dorothy looks, but feel it is another step toward walking this road of forgiveness...

prayers for wisdom and humility are appreciated.
much love,
em

5 comments:

Marno said...

You're doing a great job with your dad honey. "Remember to keep your light "on" and your saltshaker tipped!" ( Charles Swindoll) Love, Mom

Anna Morrison said...

I will look forward to seeing your piercing. That is neat. I am glad you went for it. Scott has wanted me to do that for years, but I just never have had the nerve.

Are you guys going to Orlando to use your time share? Blue Tree is it?? Ah . . . good memories. Hold on tight as you ride the waves of emotions you are bound to experience while visiting your dad. At this point in your life, appreciate what you can. You are doing well by being determined to love and forgive.

Thinking of you . . .

Wendi said...

Hi Em! Congrats on the nose piercing.....I'm so jealous! I'll be praying you this week and this journey of forgiveness. Call you need to vent or pray.

jbro said...

hey buddy! I like your nose ring, you just need to stop messing with it.

By the way, you handled it well girl. Don't make yourself feel bad about feeling it!

Melanie said...

Emily,
I've been praying for you about forgiveness and your dad. I know from experience how the Lord really does amazing things with difficult relationships. Forgiveness really is a gift from Him...I've never been able to will myself to do it, so I know when I have truly forgiven major offenses, it is totally His work in my heart. I hope your trip went well and I look forward to hearing all about it.
Melanie