Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Lovely Birthday





I turned 32 this week....and I'm cool with that.:) Gavin always picks on me (and the other Brown girls) because I (we) have this very uncanny and subconscious way of stretching out my (our) birthday celebration(s). It looks like this year will be no different..... Thursday night Gavin took me to the Melting Pot for dinner...my favorite...and then to see the Indigo Girls in concert at Wolf Trap, which is an outdoor venue. We had such a great time.

I LOVE the Indigo Girls. Their concerts are always so much fun and laid back. Brandi Carlisle opened for them - she was great. Wolf Trap is such a fun venue. It is a partially outdoor, partially indoor arena. It feels very intimate. Dinner was yummy and being with Gavin, enjoying some of our favorite music, was a perfect way to spend the evening.

Friday, my actual birthday, we had a big camp out in the backyard. We had seven tents set up!!!! It wasn't supposed to be for my birthday - just happened to fall on that evening - but I may make it an annual event!! The house was full and buzzing with so many friends, great conversation, lots of laughs, children running around overjoyed to be staying up late and playing with old and new friends.....I LOVED every second of it.

Dad is coming into town on Tuesday for a visit and the celebration will continue.....see, I clearly didn't plan it that way....uncanny...;)!

I'm posting some recent pics, but haven't uploaded any from the camp-out yet. Thanks for all the sweet cards and birthday wishes!! I love you, my dear friends and family. My life is better because you are apart of it.
all my love and appreciation,
em

7 comments:

Anna Morrison said...

so glad to see you have been celebrated and honored so well.
i will be looking for the camp out photos. that is a great idea. brave and adventurous, so . . . you.

Julie said...

Don't feel bad, Em! In our house, every person has "Birthday Week". It lasts for a complete week, usually starting 2 or 3 days before the birthday and lasting a few days after. We LOVE it!

Wendi said...

I love the pic of Eliot and the flower, it's a peony right? Glad to hear you had a great birthday, next year I'm adopting the celebrate for week plan.

FreeK said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Trish Ryan said...

Happy happy happy birthday! Why not stretch out the celebration? You're worth it :)

jj said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful time! I am going to have to figure how to have a week-long birthday... it sounds fun! :) Love ya!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Emily!