Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookie time










Jenny, my sister, decided we needed to bake cookies on Sunday, so she led the way! It was great fun. There is more Christmas cookie baking ahead of us. We have to make four dozen for a cookie exchange this Sunday for girl scouts, but this was fun....especially since I just got to watch and take pictures:)

(the guy in the picture is our friend, Nick, who has lived with us for the past two years. He's leaving for the World Race through Adventures in Missions in January for a year. Jenny is going back, but as a leader this time and only for 4-5 months. Keep them in your prayers. They leave Jan. 3rd!)

I also threw in some pictures of our decorated space.

Mom, the girls LOVED their outfits this morning - the #9 countdown present. They all wore their outfits today. Here's Reece in hers. She especially loved the way her shirt feels so soft. She told me when she got in the car that she let everyone feel her shirt...but not her pants..:)

4 comments:

Laura said...

beautiful! that first family pic was just gorgeous. and you have done a great job decorating your house. gorgeous tree! love the idea of "countdown presents"--how exactly does that work? what a great way to build anticipation! love it. love, L

Marno said...

Thanks honey for the great updates and AWESOME pictures. It's the next best thing to me being there. I am proud to carry on the "Countdown" tradition with my grandchildren. Just wait 'til you start with the children of your FOUR. It will be here before you know it. Enjoy every memory making time you have. Hugs and kisses until I can get there.

jbro said...

did you get any pics with me looking at the camera, so you don't see my thin hair. OR perhaps a picture where my mouth is actually closed. I am having flashbacks to every childhood picture I ever had taken.

Only kidding, at least a little bit, but we did have a good time and we have certainly enjoyed decorating/eating those cookies! I LOVE THOSE LITTLE PEOPLE!!!!

Becky Chapman said...

I love seeing all these pictures, but that first one of the family is AMAZING! You are glowing, Emily! BEAUTIFUL!!!