Friday, December 12, 2008

Sister fun and Gingerbread...














Here are a few happy pics from the Long family. I realized, as I was looking back over my blog, that I've been Debbie-downer for the past few weeks. Well, I'm coming out from under my cloud and fully embracing this wonderful, fantastic, magical time of year!! I truly love Christmas and the magic that fills the air during this season.

We're in full Advent mode. We get our "prize" each night out of the (two) Advent calendars and read a story that builds up to Christmas Eve. Each Sunday is a special Advent celebration with candles, special drink and snack. It's so much fun. I've added pictures of our calendars and some other pics, as well.

The girls made a gingerbread train last night. It fell down over night but they had fun putting it together. Elle had fun eating the decorations.

It's the most wonderful time of the year! And I really am enjoying every moment. I pray you are, as well!

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY Emily- Congrats on another precious Long baby!!!! We're in the same boat as were expecting again also! I'm due in May. Exciting & overwhelming.

So, you've totally spurred me on with the gingerbread houses- Joshua has been hankerin to do one recently & all I have seen is MESSEY! - so I think I'm out to find a kit. thanks for the inspiration & sharing- love to you and Gavin- mandy

Julie said...

How preicous! I love the gingerbread train and am impressed by their craftiness. I also love the idea of the Advent boxes. Where did you get your's?

Unknown said...

The tree Advent calendar was from Starbucks last year, because I couldn't find one that I really liked. This year Target had several I liked, the one I got being one of them.
They have several great options this year..at least up here in Va.:)

The train came from Costco. It's something a little different.

Merry Christmas, dear friends:)

Trish Ryan said...

Such awesome cuteness. I've never been able to complete a gingerbread project...to much gets consumed, then the tummy ache sets in...
Glad to see that the Long girls have more self-control and/or fortitude than I had as a little girl :)

We love you guys!!!