Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm Back!

So much has happened since I last blogged and much to talk about. I'll try to be brief.

First, Jenny and Nick left for their trip on January 3rd. We've heard from them several times and they are doing great. Please keep them in your prayers. If you're curious here is Jen's website, and here is Nick's website.

Reece had her tonsils and adenoids removed the first week of January. We were having them removed because of sleep apnea, but found out after they were removed that they were actually rotting inside of her little body!!! What a HUGE blessing to have had them removed before she had any complications. Though she did BEAUTIFULLY before the surgery and during, the recovery was very difficult. It took a solid month before she was back to herself. The apnea was gone the first night, but she was in so much pain. I'm not a great nurse as it is........by day 10 I was over it. We made it through and she is back to her sweet, adorable self!! Praise the Lord!!

Finally, for the year that Nick is gone my friend, Athena, and her four children are living with us. Athena has been through a nightmare with her husband, Damion. It's such a long story and crazy. I wouldn't believe it were I not there to witness it myself. The Lord is definitely moving and we have seen so much fruit.

Brandon is 10, Kaira is 7, Giana is 4, and Justice is 7 months old. They are precious. (pictures to follow soon)

We run a really tight ship but the Woodson children have fallen in line beautifully and love their new routine. We all have dinner by 6:30pm, everyone pitches in to clean the kitchen, wipe down the table and sweep. Next we have prayer time together around 7:15 (which is so precious - our worship time together is even more wonderful with them here.). Everyone is in their rooms by 8:00 at the latest. They know that anything after that is getting into adult time and that is NOT taken lightly.

Every other weekend the kids go with their dad, as well as, dinner every Wednesday from 5 - 7pm. The transition times are always difficult. The kids never want to go with their dad, though they love him very much, and they always come back a little confused and disoriented - especially Brandon.

We have been under a lot of attack - spiritually and physically, but we have also been so blessed, overwhelmed with His blessing! The kids all get along so beautifully and play very sweetly together. We have family meetings and talk about any issues that arise on a weekly basis. We have also allow the kids to plan activities for the month to come. As a result this coming Valentine's weekend is a BIG one! Friday night we'll be bowling. Saturday morning is breakfast at IHOP. Monday is ice skating at Reston Town Center..... whew! They are so excited and we're all looking forward to treating them to a fun weekend, as well.

Prayer requests right now:
Peace that passes all understanding - we've been so blessed with an abundance of peace and pray that it continues - despite the chaotic storm the Woodson's are in.
Health - It's hard enough to be submitted to the Spirit when you feel great, much less when there is sickness...
Healing and Redemption - for the Woodson family.
Protection - Gavin is very much on the front lines of the spiritual battle going on around us.

(The pregnancy is going well. I'm very tired this time through. I haven't felt great the entire time, though I do have days where I feel like myself. I feel a lot of closure this time. We are in NO way closing the door on more children (we've talked about adoption before we had Raegan), but I do feel like I have "permission" for this to be my last pregnancy. I have a lot of peace about it. Also, this is either Sutton Vian or Judah Patrick Gavin - it's official:))

much love, dear friends. Thank you for your love and concern - and especially your prayers.

3 comments:

Laura said...

wow--lots to report, friend! so cool to see you open and serving and loving those around you. we'll be praying for these last weeks of pregnancy and a BOY!!!! congrats!!

jbro said...

Hey sister! I am glad to see an update; I know you guys have been crazy busy but this helps to keep me feeling connected. I really am so glad that Reece's recovery is over for you. I hate I couldn't be there to help. I also can't wait to get home to our full house. I love that God has compelled us all to seek His kingdom and part of that is opening the home. I miss those prayer times and can't wait to be there again.

Love you, counting down the days...

jj said...

I missed reading about you and your family! So glad that you are back! :) Thanks for sharing your story. It is such an encouragement to me! I'll be praying for you and the baby! Wish we could see you!

Christy