Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Jenny's Back!!

Yay!! Jenny is back and is finally home! (I'll post pictures soon)

We drove down last week to surprise Jenny at the airport. It was SO hard for me to try to viably convince Jenny that we wouldn't be coming down to see her until Friday, in time for the party on Saturday. I really don't know how I was able to do it. (This proves that I completely missed my calling as a multi-million dollar actor...I'm just sayin'.)

The party on Saturday was great fun. Mom and I had the idea to have a party that would represent all the different holidays that Jenny missed, with food of the season and decorations, etc. So we had a Christmas section with a Christmas tree and wreaths; a Thanksgiving section with turkeys and harvest baskets; the New Year's table was the drink table; we had a Valentine's table with chocolates and lasagna; the birthday table had a birthday cake with her face on it....funny:) and noise makers, etc.; there was a 4th of July table and a Halloween table. We had a great time - lots of fun.

We all arrived back here around 1am Sunday night - technically Monday morning. Life is slowly getting back to normal for Jen. She is adjusting beautifully! She lost so much weight on the trip that we took five bags of clothes she could no longer wear to Goodwill today!! Isn't that great?! She's determined to continue progressing to a healthy size, so please keep her in your prayers.

We're SO happy to have our dear "aunt Jenny" home!! She has easily become more than a sister and more like a friend, and I am thrilled to have her back in hugging distance. She has learned so much throughout this year abroad. I am gleaning as much as I can.

We're all praying for direction and clarity as this new season is approaching. Our house in Cambridge is on the market for the fifth time. Though our new Realtor is really great and is bringing a lot of traffic through, nothing is moving as of today. If it doesn't sell then we really don't have much of a choice but to move back there. We LOVE Boston. We LOVE NC. We really like it a lot here. But that really has nothing to do with it. We just want to be where God wants us to be - His best! So please join us in praying for clarity. I'm praying that He will close any doors that would be a distraction, and swing wide open the door that holds His blessing. I'm at the point where I'm finally neutral about location. I just want to be right in the center of His will for our family, whether that means staying here, moving back to Cambridge or moving to NC, or anywhere else, for that matter. I want His best! I want to be obedient and am ready to serve more actively.

This time in D.C./Northern Virginia has been an amazing time of rest. What an unexpected and needed blessing!! I'm so thankful that the Lord knows what we need so much more than we do. He is so good. I can only choose to bless His name! He gives and takes away but my heart will choose to say, Lord, Blessed be Your name!

much love dear friends,
em

1 comment:

FreeK said...

We will be praying that God will direct your steps!