Saturday, May 31, 2008

Much Better Day Today

Well, Praise the Lord, and thank you for your prayers...we had a lovely day today!

Soren is as good as new. We're still going to take him to the vet this next week, for good measure.

The guys took the Odyssey into Honda and got a new tire, then drove to Exxon to have it put on since the wait at the dealership was four hours. (It's a special tire that we had to buy from the dealership....) They were able to get it done relatively quickly and inexpensively!!:)

The girls and I had a successful and fun morning cleaning the house to prepare for Sabbath and company.

We had a photographer from Cooksey Keepsakes come to the house today around 12:00 to take family pictures. We also had five other families come over to have their pictures taken. It was so much fun! I did this about a month ago at my friend Meredith's house. I just had pictures of the girls. They were so fantastic that I decided to host a "party" and have pictures of our family taken. It's a great, laid back environment, and kids do so much better in a home than a studio.

The pictures I got of the girls a month ago were the best pictures I've ever gotten of them. I am so pleased. I'm excited to see the results of the family pics. Plus, having my friends over to get pictures of their children was so much fun. The mom's and I hung out in the kitchen eating some munchies, while the photographer worked her magic.

In two weeks we'll all get back together, without children, sip some wine, and look over the proofs together. It's really fun! This is a growing company so, if you're interested, you should google them for the Cooksey Keepsake photographer near you:)

The last of our company left by around 4:30, and I snuck upstairs while Gavin had the girls, for a little down time. I put on my Rachel Portman playlist on repeat and read a little out of the book I'm into right now: The Shack. (It's so good and thought-provoking. I'm sure I'll have a whole blog about it once I'm finished.)

I was ready to rejoin my wonderful family after a few minutes of solitude.

Opening Sabbath was wonderful, as usual. Nick made his super-yummy-sweet-Marsala Chicken, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, from scratch, caramelized carrots and made-from-scratch Key Lime Pie!!! YUM!

What a blessed day!

2 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

I'm so glad you're all okay! We're adding our prayers to the Long family bowl!

I'm reading THE SHACK, too...I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Anna Morrison said...

The photo party sounds fun and so "you". You are so fun, Em.