Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tea Party





Yesterday Raegan invited her daddy and sisters to a tea party. I helped her get everything ready. She wanted chamomile tea and some kind of treat. It was her idea to have cinnamon graham crackers and some strawberries.

Gavin was very happy to participate in the tea time. He read a few passages from W.B. Yeats. The girls were attentive.

Some of the pictures are outside, where the tea party began. When it started to rain they moved the party indoors.

I love these times! The girls adore their daddy. It is a precious gift to be a daddy's girl, and to have a daddy that adores you right back!

5 comments:

jj said...

Em,
So cute! These are the moments that they will remember for a lifetime! You have been on my heart and mind lately. Not sure why-I've just been praying that you will seek God and he will make Himself known to you for what you need now. Hope all is well. Email soon...

Christy Jones

P.S. Have you ever read the Message bible? Just found it quite interesting as of late. :)

Becky Chapman said...

Okay, I just left you a long comment, and it disappeared...

I LOVE the tea party! Gavin is such a good daddy, and you can tell how much the girls adore. So precious!!

Even though I don't always comment, I've read your blog consistently...thanks for your honesty in the "Abide in me" post. I know the Lord continues to work through you and in you...will continue to pray for you.

Love, Becky

PS - thanks for commenting on my blog. I think you are the one only who does regularly. : )

Anna Morrison said...

What a lovely idea! Those pics are a glimpse into the kind of childhood you are providing for your girls. I enjoy knowing the Gavin wants to be present in their lives. Equally, I love that you and Gavin don't "dumb down" these opportunities with your children. Bringing out and sharing good literature with them, at at such early ages, is enriching their life so much.

Melanie said...

so sweet!

Scott said...

What!? No Dr. Suess!?