Saturday, June 21, 2008

From the Inside Out

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades. Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame. And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise, from the inside out, Lord my soul cries out.

My heart and my soul, I give you control. Consume me from the inside out, Lord.

--------------------------

The way I have always shown my thankfulness to the Lord and given Him praise, is through music. This song from Hillsong United, along with some other Jason Upton songs, speak my heart. I understand why Gavin loves the prayers of the saints. They are prayers of his heart. Songs like this are the same for me.

Augustine said, when you sing, you pray twice. I love that!

("The Shack" has given me such a sweet perspective and love for the Trinity. Sarayu; the wind; light; equally God; Holy Spirit - what a precious friend. Jesus; fully man; fully God; funny; lovely - what a precious Savior. Papa; protector; You love me; humble; gentle; mighty - what an amazing God!)


No comments: