Monday, June 09, 2008

Peace and Rest cont.

That was just a weird night, the other night. Thankfully the peace and rest has been restored in our home. Thank you for all your sweet prayers!!

On a side note: I've finished "The Shack" and it is the most challenging and thought-provoking thing I have ever read. It also, however, challenged my trust in God which stirred up some fear issues - which I think had something to do with the other night...

I'll write more later about this. I'm still working through all that the book stirred up in me. One word of caution: don't buy into the controversial hype. Yes, God appears to the main character, Mack, as a woman - which raises justified red flags. However, it is quickly explained that God is neither male nor female. Mack has major father issues and therefore God the Father, called Papa in the book, appeals to him from a more gentle perspective. Papa also explains to Mack that after the fall they (the Trinity) knew that the Father figure would be the one most needed by their children which is why He is referred to as "the Father" throughout scripture. And, fyi Papa does appear to Mack as a father later on in the book.

There are so many amazing things about this book - don't miss out on it!

A few of the things I'm dealing with because of "The Shack": forgiving others, understanding all I've been forgiven, trusting God through life and death, the power of mutual submission, and feeling a new sense of intimacy with God - the Trinity.

much love, dear friends!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am going to HAVE to read that book. Everyone I know is talking about it!