Sunday, January 20, 2008

Blessed by our girls








The girls have blessed Gavin and myself so much this weekend.

Rae has had a great "sister" weekend. She's done a wonderful job looking out for her younger sisters. Rae has found ways to play with each of her sisters and love them in their own special way. (It must be noted here that both Roo and Elle completely adore Raegan so anything she does with them is golden in their eyes) She's played make-up, put together puzzles and read to Reece. Eliot has greatly enjoyed the "lucky" rides (on the stuffed horse), tea parties with her sisters, and playing in the girls kitchen.

Reece, on the other hand, has had a great "daughter" weekend. I'm not sure when the shift took place, but she is a full-fledged daddy's girl....and I love it. It goes without saying that Gavin loves it.:) She woke up yesterday asking if we could bring daddy breakfast in bed. She was very specific and requested coffee, also. (Gavin loves coffee in the mornings, but usually has to make it himself because I'm so busy getting the girls off to school). She did countless other things over the weekend that surprised both Gavin and myself. Her thoughtfulness amazes us. Whether it's offering to feed Eliot so daddy can watch the football game, and mommy can fix dinner, or bringing me my clothes while I'm in the shower.....she was constantly ahead of the game and meeting our needs before we could meet them ourselves.

Eliot has us completely wrapped. She's bold and fearless. She's gentle and sweet. She's strong and smart. ....wrapped.

Sorry to gush - Gavin and I just finished putting the girls down and we walked in on Rae reading to Reece, again, and I had to share. Thanks for loving our girls with us....:)

5 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

The abundant sweetness of the Long family. So amazing that God can wrap that kind of faith and strength in such adorable, awesome packages :)

We miss you (so please keep the updates coming until we can get back to DC!)

Anna Morrison said...

I am learning more and more the blessings of siblings. I have enjoyed looking at these sweet moments your girls have shared together. I know so much more awaits.

Sammy said...

I trust that was a Pats game G was watching.

Keri said...

Hey Emily,
Love the pics of the girls! Such great memories!

Love, Keri

Becky Chapman said...

Such sweet girls. I had similar thoughts about my 3 girls over the weekend...they seem to have the same personalities as my 3 that are similar ages. : )

I showed Rachel (who is 5 1/2) the pictures of your girls, and she wants to come play with them!

PS - my girls also know the importance of mommy's coffee...Rob is not a coffee drinker, but even Lily has told him how to make coffee for me. : )