Thursday, January 03, 2008

Christmas recap

We had a wonderful Christmas! The day was magical. Waking up early with the girls and experiencing their excitement is always fun. Our friends, the Wood family, came over for a traditional southern Christmas feast, and brought a new friend along with them. (He was quite fascinating to talk to and a very humble spirit. We look forward to getting to know him better in the months to come.) My dad was here and Nick's mom was, as well. Everything was very yummy. We had great conversation, and the kids loved playing together and sharing their new treasures. It was lovely!:)

Mom was in Manilla with my sister for Christmas! It was quite an adventure. We are thankful to have her home safely....and back with her luggage:) She's still jet-lagging a little bit. (to be expected since they are 13 hrs. ahead of us)

We headed down to NC the day after Christmas and visited with both of our families for the past week. It was wonderful to see so many of my cousins this trip! We very much so enjoyed our time in NC and are now happy to be home. We just got back last night.

I pray you all had a wonderful Christmas and fun New Year. I'll post pictures of our trip soon.

3 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

Welcome home! Although I'm not sure where you guys consider home these days...you somehow seem to make life fun and joyful wherever you go. I think I'm gonna make that my new year resolution, now that I think about it--to have a more expansive idea of "home," just like the Long family :)

Anna Morrison said...

Happy New Year, Friend!

We saw a movie last week and I thought of you and Gavin a lot. I just think you would like it. It is very music oriented. It is called Once. Check it out. Scott and I both mentioned you both after we viewed it.

Miss you a lot. Glad you had happy holidays. The Christmas photo card was so sweet.

Love you.

Tony said...

Emily,
This is Tony from ASU. I have been searching on and off for you and Gavin, and finally ran across this blog. Hope all is well. If you care to, look me up in Google. By dumb luck, I am listed a few times on the first page.