Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Home Alone!





The girls and I have the house all to ourselves for a few days!! WooHoo!!! We're gonna party like it's our birthday....gonna make hot chocolate like it's our birthday!;)

...Normally, I must admit, I get a little anxious at being a single parent for days on end, but this time I'm excited about it. I guess Elle is old enough that we can all do things together now, Rae and Reece are such great helpers, that it's a fun girl-time.

I am a middle child. There are two years between my younger sister, Jenny, and me. I always shared a room (and sometimes bed, also). I went straight from sharing a room with my sister, to sharing a room with my college roommate(s), to sharing a room with my husband.:) I've never had a room to myself, or much alone time, for that matter.

So even though the thought of alone time is enticing, especially as I'm trying to take a bath, too much of it kind of weirds me out. I'm a people-person, what can I say? Over the last year Gavin has traveled quite a bit more than he ever did before (that's ending soon) but it has forced me to figure out "alone time". For a while, it would take me until 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning to get to sleep.

Now, I find myself looking forward to these short trips! Wow! What a change for me. I always miss Gavin very much. He is the most interesting person I know, and the person I love most to talk to, among other things:) I'm just saying this has nothing to do with Gavin. Rather, it's much more about me being okay with me. ...and I am.

I pray a peaceful and blessed day over you, my dear friends.

3 comments:

Anna Morrison said...

Bravo!
Attitude is everything. I commend you for seeing the positive and enjoying this opportunity.
I enjoy moments at night when Scott is reading. I just stay in my room and do this and that. It is quiet, peaceful and uninterrupted.
Oh, I do miss the old rooming together days. :)

Trish Ryan said...

Enjoy it!

Barrie said...

Hope the birthday partying is going well! What's that expression--absence makes the heart grow fonder! :)