Friday, January 18, 2008

SNOW!!!!






It snowed yesterday. Our first snow of 2008!! Apart from several really scary incidents on the road yesterday coming home from picking up Roo, with Elle in the back screaming her head off (I was shaking as I drove); Rae being stranded at the school because we couldn't get to her; Gavin and Nick freezing due to walking home over 2 miles since Nick's car got stuck on their way to get Rae (we did eventually get her with the help of our friend with a 4-wheel drive vehicle), and after Gavin and I had written a scathing note of reproach to the School board, Superintendent, and anyone else we deemed responsible for not closing school before the roads got so ridiculously dangerous, ....we're now having fun and enjoying the beautiful snow:)

(side note: in Boston, or Boone, NC these 5 inches of snow would not be a big deal because the road crews can handle it......I can not say the same for this area. You wouldn't have believed the roads yesterday. I've never driven on roads that bad..NEVER. Cars were wrecked on the side of the road, in the middle of the road. Some cars were just stopped in the middle of the road. I had to drive in between, zig-zag through so many groups of vehicles.... No one should have been on the road yesterday, but there were a LOT.)

Now that we're all home safely we're really enjoying every part of the snow. The girls asked for hot chocolate this morning. After I fixed it they asked if they could have their hot chocolate outside. I said, "Sure, why not?!" I gave them some place mats to sit on and told them to get bundled up before heading out.

Reece came down with thin, white tights under a plaid skirt, with a striped turtleneck and thin jacket.......I figured they wouldn't be out that long, so after I had her put on some pants on top of the tights, they headed out. Here are some pics....It was too funny. Does she look Irish, or what?!

Here's to a SAFE and fun winter season! Let's all be careful out there:)

2 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

So adorable!!!

I'm glad you guys are safe. It's true--VA doesn't have any idea how to handle snow. (Clearly you guys do--stay home, put on all your pink clothes, and have hot chocolate!)

jbro said...

I miss snow days with my favorite Long girls. Were there any inappropriate snow people made this year? I sure hope not, last year's had way too much junk in the trunk. We'll just call her "thick"!

I really do miss being with you guys but every day here is an incredible gift. I love you all and look forward to seeing you guys on American soil in May.

By the way, both the girls looked HOT! Can i mention the item that really added that perfect touch to Reece's ensemble was the really beautiful scarf. That looks homemade. Someone did a great job with that last Christmas! : )