Thursday, February 21, 2008

Random thoughts







Raegan is very responsible and keeps us all on task. She had a friend over for a playdate today. They played board games, made oatmeal cookies - here they were playing with the leapster's. We average one playdate a week, with a friend from school, although we've had several weeks where she has more than one. This is her friend, Seline. They are sweet friends together. Seline has a very sweet heart and is gracious with Reece - doesn't mind her doing everything with them. Raegan is very good to always be sure her sister is involved - friends come and go, but her sister will always be her sister, and she gets that. Raegan is a good friend. She gets a little anxious about trying to juggle all of her friendships, because she doesn't want anyone to feel left out. I think she's doing a great job. She makes us so proud...

Reece is a ray of sunshine. She always has something going on. I would love to get a peak inside of her thoughts. If she doesn't know anyone is watching her she puts on a fabulous show! She loves to sing and has a really nice voice - she actually matches pitch very well. Reece's heart is so caring and nurturing it amazes me. She loves to cuddle and when she hugs, she holds on for a little bit and squeezes. She's a GREAT hugger:) She adores her sisters. She blesses us...

Eliot is a smarty-pants. She loves to "help" me empty the dish washer by climbing into it and throwing whatever she gets her hands on. Elle is very funny. She is also a fighter. She signs 'finished' and 'more', but is very impatient about it, and babbles constantly:) Eliot loves baby dolls and took her first step today, trying to get to one her sister had in her hands. I learned to play the guitar while I was pregnant with her, and NOTHING pleases her more than when we sit around singing and playing our instruments. Her face completely lights up whenever she sees me about to play. She melts us...

I'm thankful and realize how incredibly blessed we are. Praise you, Lord, for your goodness and mercy. You are good!

4 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

Elle has hair!!!

:)

Anna Morrison said...

it is a blessing to ME to see your children's faces. i, too, was a little surprised to see Elle's sweet dark hair in the photo.
the day to day mothering is such a ride, eh? seeing them grow before our very eyes is so refreshing. we are so blessed to be able to witness such growth. it can be overwhelming, but praise God that we get to be with them, on the hairy and dreamy days.
i enjoy looking at the photo of Raegan and her friend. wow. she is really getting older. leapsters are great, aren't they?
have a fun weekend. love to you.

Kerri said...

Hey Em,
I've been keeping up with your blog, but never signed up to leave comments! Your girls are so sweet! I can't believe how big they are getting. I remember coming to Cary and holding Reece in my arms at one week old. My how they've grown! It sounds like your house is full of laughter and fun...I know you're a great mom! I had lost touch with Becky for so long and was so glad to see her blog on your favorite stops! It makes the miles seem not so far with blogs... I love all the pictures... my only complaint is that YOU need to be in more of them! Love you and miss you, kepps

jbro said...

Let me just say how absolutely gorgeous those three are. I miss you guys SO much and can't wait to be with you all again soon. Tell the girls aunt Jenny loves them and will see them in 9 weeks!!!!! (too many wake ups to count right now but soon we can start the countdown!) I just hope you remembered to put this entire year on video for me.