Friday, September 05, 2008

"Pizza and a movie" night

Tonight was our first "pizza and a movie" night in months. This is something we look forward to all week. Tonight we watched "Nim's Island". It was a very cute movie. I love how the dad is the hero who is able to do the impossible.

I'm very happy for the routine the school year brings. I definitely needed Rae's kindergarten year to break me in last year. You don't realize what a free spirit you are until you are made to stay put for extended months.....yuck. I rebelled, at first. But this year I'm finding it a source of comfort. We'll see if I feel the same way in a few months:)

I'm also trying to get back to blogging regularly. Thus, this random entry.

I am in the midst of preparing a blog comparing the two Conventions (DNC/RNC). I made myself sit through every night of the RNC - it was painful! The two conventions could not have been more different. I also sat, like a student, taking notes on every word of McCain's speech. I want to compare his against Obama's, in the matter of actual substance and plan for the future. I can already tell you there is no comparison...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

blessings, dear friends, and all my love - no matter who you vote for:)

4 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

If your routine brings more blog posts, then I'm all for it :)

You're a brave woman to sit through both conventions. I spent this past week watching the US Open...

Love you!

Keri said...

Looking forward to your new blog. I'm always interested to hear your thoughts. It will be a real treat to read what your research has brought you to.

Julie said...

What? Who doesn't like routine! That is the thing I miss most about teaching! I miss the signal of bells telling me what to expect next. Now I barely know what day of the week it is. As for suffering through the DNC/RNC I watched SOME of both myself...which is huge for me who does not follow politics at all. The most enlightening part was where Sarah Palin's daughter licked her entire hand and rubbed her little brother's hair in place...like I said, I really pay attention to politics!

Anna Morrison said...

i watched the conventions as well. i laughed, almost cried, scoffed, and almost spit. hee hee. i can't wait to hear you screaming through my computer screen. got your obama t-shirt yet?? :)

bring on the posts!