Thursday, September 04, 2008

Pregnant!!

On the way up to Cambridge, at the beginning of August, I noticed that I was having trouble getting a deep breath. I commented to Gavin that I felt like I was so stressed out from Dad's visit with us that I couldn't even catch my breath.

While in Cambridge, the topic of babies came up a lot, quite randomly. I even told our friends about a "vision" I had a few years ago, before we were even pregnant with Elle, about having twins boys. (Gavin and I have talked ever since about possibly adopting our twin boys from Africa.) Anyway, on the way home Gavin and I talked about how funny it was that there was so much baby talk.

Now I should preface here that over the eleven years of our marriage I have never been on birth control because when I tried it a few months before our wedding it made me crazy. My PCOS kicked in after that which made me always very irregular. When I was diagnosed with PCOS this past year I started taking birth control again.

Whenever asked if we were finished having children, I always said that we were open to having more but were trending in the wrong direction (being on birth control for the first time in our marriage).

I've taken so many pregnancy tests over the years - so many being negative. Needless to say I was completely SHOCKED when I took one, that next week, and it said positive!! I admit that July was an off month for me - taking the pill here and there, but I was still very shocked.

We're so excited!! I haven't been to the OB yet because of being out of town and having trouble getting an appointment I can get to, but I'm pretty sure this will be another March baby. I was waiting to say anything official until I had gone to the Dr. but it's taking too long:) Gavin and I can never keep a secret about ourselves....hahaha

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!
much love,
em

6 comments:

Julie said...

Ok! First of all I didn't know you had PCOS! You know that is what I have! Are you on metformin? If not, you need to be! It is an amazing drug!!!

Trish Ryan said...

Yay!!! More Longs to love :)

Anna said...

Holy cow! That is awesome! We are more than happy for you.

Sean

Wendi said...

Yes! The world needs as many Long children as it can get! I'm so excited for your family! I wonder if this one will be a boy?

FreeK said...

We are so thrilled for you guys! I just read your comments on our blog, does this mean you guys could make a trip to Madison some day. It is really a fun place to live. If they need help getting adjusted let me know. Just email me and I will give you our home number, etc. Love you and I am so happy for you.

Tony said...

Congrats!!!!!!! Exciting news