Thursday, March 06, 2008

Reece EmmaKay







Roo turned 4 on Monday!! Allow me to reflect on this sweet little blessing that is Reece...

She came into this world a complete joy. I delivered her in just two hours and in only two pushes....I had been braced for the worst because of my previous delivery, and couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. I fell in love with her the second I saw her.

The sweet thing is, she fell in love with me, too:) (Rae immediately fell in love with her daddy, which is SO sweet, and very enjoyable for me, but it was an amazing feeling when Reece immediately showered me with love and favor.)

During my pregnancy with Eliot she was my care-taker. If my shirt was up a little bit, she would gently fix it. If I needed a drink, she would get if for me. Many times she would meet a need for me before I even realized I had a one.

A few of my favorite things: when she hugs, she holds on tight and lingers. When I take her to school we give each other "eyes" in the rear view mirror and "I love you" signs (sign language). When I say bye to her on her way into school, she always looks back to say "bye mommy, I love you". I love her blonde hair, because it makes everyone think she looks like me, though she really looks more like Gavin. She melts me.

My mom, and Gavin's parents are in town for the celebration of Reece's fourth and Eliot's first birthday, this week. This is what they had to say:

Marneaux (My Mom): She makes great faces. She's always so thankful and appreciative. She always puts my name at the end of her sentences: "Thank you, Marneaux." or "I love you, Marneaux". I can't believe how she memorizes scripture! oh, my goodness! She makes you feel very loved.

PawPaw (Gavin's dad): I like her smile. She's got a special smile.

MiMi (Gavin's mom): She's very mischievous in such a cute way.

Gavin: Whenever she gets a gift she's always looking for ways to share it. She loves to cuddle. I like how she can't go to sleep until she gets perfectly still, and she tries really hard NOT to get really still.

Nick: I like when she pretends she's sleeping in the car...she fools us all. I like her crazy faces.

Raegan: Her smile is really cute. She shines like a star. She always makes me laugh. Her eyes sparkle like gold.

Reece LOVES collecting rocks.
She loves to dress up and play ANYTHING with Raegan.
She loves broccoli.
She loves to wrestle with her daddy. She invented the spin-drop before she was even two years old!
She loves making goofy faces.
Reece is very funny.
She's got a wicked sweet tooth. (she loves fruit)
She has an AMAZING sense of style!!!
She is a wonderful, budding artist.
She LOVES her sisters.

I love our little Roo. She blesses us all with an abundance of love. I feel God's love for me through her. I'm so thankful for this precious little one. The Lord has big plans for her...I can't wait to see...
...to be continued.

5 comments:

FreeK said...

She does look like you (maybe its just the hair). I'm thankful you have such a sweet little girl and loving family. I hope you have a great weekend celebrating your little princess.

Anna Morrison said...

Hooray for Reece!! Blessing upon blessings I wish for this little one. She is a little shining star. Happy Birthday Reece!

jbro said...

Okay since I can't be there in person I want to add my thoughts on Roo.
1. I love that she plays hard all the time.
2. I love the way her hair is always in her face and watching her brush it away with her cute little hands.
3. I love when she gets on skype and makes faces at me and the way she says Aunt Jenny.
4. I love that she is aggressive but sensitive.
5. I love her art.
6. I love when she sings
7. I love watching her adore her sisters
8. I love how she loves her Nicky, Mommy, and Daddy
9. I love her stories. She is the best storyteller I know.
10. I love that she is already growing up into who God has designed her to be. She will be an awesome woman of God. She is such a servant.

The truth is my dear sister, that you and Gavin are wonderful parents who are raising your children in the way they should go and they will not depart from it. You are reflected in all your girls. They are beautiful, compassionate, thoughtful little sweethearts because you have shown them to care and love. You have offered them security and unshakable acceptance and love. You are teaching those girls how to fall in love with Jesus and how to choose to love. Way to go mom & dad for following God's plan for the children He has entrusted to you so far. You are His good and faithful servants. He is very proud of you! I love you all SOOOOOOOOOO much!

Julie said...

4!!! Wow! They do grow so quickly. Mary Addison turns one in a little over a month and it makes me soooo sad! Isn't it amazing that God has given us such wonderful blessings!

Trish Ryan said...

She is an adorable little bundle of happiness, that girl. (And I think she looks like you!)