Friday, July 06, 2007

Yummy

We are celebrating our 10th year of marriage this year! Praise the Lord! It's amazing to me that so many years have flown by, and despite a bump in the road, we are still each other's best friend and favorite person to be with in this world. As I reflect on this, there is a major piece of advice I'd love to pass on. So, if I may: Find things in common to share, outside of your children!

One of the many things Gavin and I love, and enjoy sharing together, is food. We LOVE tasting and discovering new dishes. Our favorite cuisine is French, though we also enjoy Thia, Indian, Mexican, etc. French is, by far, my favorite. Lamb is my favorite meat, crab is my favorite seafood....just as an fyi.

Part of enjoying food together also involves watching the occasional cooking show, like Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen. We prefer Top Chef because you actually get to see some amazing art prepared in the form of food. It truly is an art form! These chefs are so talented. It's crazy the things they do with food.

Here we are tonight, catching up on tivo (Trish, I'm thinking of you:)), watching the last few episodes of Top Chef. The food is fantastic. I would love to be there taste-testing these dishes: lobster, crab, lamb, homemade watermelon champagne!!!!! There's no need to say more.

...Finally, the reason I write. Here we sit, very high caliber food displayed for us, and what do we crave? Literally, no joke, I would do some crazy things to get my hands on a frozen pizza right now.....except, of course, get in the car and drive to store to get one. My common sense kicks in when I think it through. I would just really like for one to be in the freezer over there.

So, I'll have some strawberries and try to forget about my pizza, but don't think I won't buy a few the next time I get to the grocery store....for the next time this rare craving hits us.:)

Bon apetit!

No comments: