Tuesday, July 31, 2007

just because







These were some cutie pie pictures I took today. The girls were all ready for their dance class and they had both requested "piggy tails". They both picked out their own outfits, as usual. Roo usually comes out with some crazy combinations, but this outfit was too cute. I couldn't resist the opportunity to take some pictures and share them.

Elle has found her feet over the past two weeks. It's a sweet season. Though she is still not sleeping through the night, she is only getting up once at night, so I know we're trending in the right direction!! It won't be long now!!!:).....hehehe (nervous laughter...)

Gavin is on a "tour" right now, because he is, after all, a rock star. He flew to Indianapolis last night, drove from there to Chicago today, and will be flying to Cinci tomorrow, to finally return home tomorrow night. The girls and I miss him terribly. Rae is very dramatic about his being gone. She requested the "Daddy sing me to sleep" CD, which features all male Christian artists singing songs from a father's perspective to their children. It's a very sweet CD.

We're also reading Bridge to Terabithia, and Leslie died tonight. ....bad timing ...hehehe (more nervous laughter). Oh well. What are ya gonna do?! We prayed...a lot, and talked ...a lot. Then the power went off for a moment prompting us to find the lanterns from their camping excursion with their daddy. So, they both have their lanterns by their bed with strict instructions to calmly turn them on and come to my room if the power goes out again. I hope it doesn't. We live in the woods and it is VERY dark, when the power goes out...it freaks me out a little, too, but I play it cool:) ...with a flash light by my bed.

4 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

Oh your girls are scrumptious! What great pictures :) Bless you as you hold down the fort while Gavin is on tour.

jbro said...

You have no idea how much it warms my heart to see those gorgeous babies. Their smiles keep make me all warm and fuzzy inside. They are absolutely the most amazing kids I know. Tell Gavin to stop being delinquent and get home. Just kidding, he knows he's my favorite Carolina fan ever.

Love you, wish you were here with me, Jen

Unknown said...

Thanks, girls.:)

Trish, you know those bags they're using for dance bags are the one's you brought them. They love them, and they're the envy of the other dance students:)

jen, we wish we were with you, too, except for the "tent in Africa" part:)

Anna Morrison said...

Absolutely adorable!!! You have three beauties.

Your humor hit the spot. Love the nervous laughter. :)

Miss you.